Monday 9 October 2006

Powerhouse of Women

Hey everybody! How's it going? Hoping every single one of you are having a great time whereever you are. I'm doing not too bad myself! In any case, this is a blog entry that I have been waiting to write for quite some time!

This summer I have bought quite a handful of CD's... mainly CD's by women! Which is actually quite rare considering the fact that the bands or singers that I like are usually men (for whatever reason!) Matchbox 20, Rob Thomas, Five for Fighting, Coldplay, Gavin DeGraw, Switchfoot, Fuel, Teddy Geiger, John Mayer, Barenaked Ladies, Orson, Tim McGraw just to name a few! But this summer, I bought CD's by Fergie Ferg (I LOVE HER), Christina Aguilera, India Arie, Beyonce and Nelly Furtado. Mainly because I guess I did like their previous albums or their sound! Anyway, today, I thought I'd give my song recommendations and also let you know which album I have enjoyed the most so far!

I am absolutely loving:
- Irreplacable by Beyonce
- Listen by Beyonce (which is after a song called Resentment on her album... kinda like a secret song)
- Suga Mama by Beyonce (has a similar feel to Work It Out on her Dangerously in Love album)
- Ring the Alarm by Beyonce... the more and more I listen to it the more and more I like it!
- Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie ... my absolute favourite of this summer. I LOVE the way her voice sounds in this --> makes me wanna dance (even though it's not a dance track and sing reallllllly loud!)
- Fergalicious by Fergie
- Clumsy by Fergie
- Mary Jane Shoes 'by' Fergie
- Get Your Hands Up by Fergie (ft. BEP so it's got the BEP sound)
- Ain't no other man by Christina
- Still Dirrty by Christina
- I got trouble by Christina
- Save me from myself by Christina
- The Heart of the Matter by India Arie
- Wings of Forgiveness by India Arie
- Better People by India Arie
- I am not my hair by India Arie (ft. Akon)
- Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado
- No Hay Igual by Nelly Furtado
- Te Busque by Nelly Furtado ft. Juanes

So anyway that is just a list of the songs that I am loving so much at the moment, and those that I have burned onto a CD so I can listen to it on my faithful discman (yes... my creative broke..... :-( )

AND.... my favourite CD of this summer is by the Duchess, Fergie Ferg! It has SO many great tracks which are danceable and is a very feel good album! And it's just that Big Girls Don't Cry is the best song that I have heard this summer and has such good vocals and a singable chorus! It just feels nice listening to it! Especially the bit where she sings "yes you can hold my hand if you want to, cause i wanna hold yours too" ... she just sings that bit so well! hahaha.

ANYWAY, i hope you had a great great summer... we are going well into autumn now, and i'm not looking forward to winter but i bought a lovely pair of brown boots (with heels!) so i guess i should semi-look forward to it! Hope all's well me dahlings. Love you all. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment