Saturday 17 April 2010

I believe in the fundamental good that exists in the Japanese as a population.
Though when you read the news or hear stories from others sometimes you forget this! I certainly do...
But I realized recently went I dropped my phone that Japanese people can and do care about strangers.
Since i arrived in Japan almost seven years ago I have dropped my teiki (fully charged transport credit which can be used for 6 months), my phone, and my wallet - yes this says a lot about me... But all these items have been delivered to the police or the lost and found with not a single thing missing. I think it's heartwarming.
And i'm so grateful for that person who did the good deed as there are so many times like when I'm being pushed around on a train aggressively that I forget that we are as a population generally considerate and kind!
So yes.... Thanks to the person who delivered my phone to the lost and found yesterday!!! For delivering it... But also renewing my faith in us :)

1 comment:

  1. hey Na! i hope you got my msg on your birthday! you were probably busy celebrating haha. I'm glad that you had a great birthday and that you were able to spend it with your family and friends. I'm sure they made it a very memorable one. I hope you liked the present.

    btw, i really liked the diesel catalog which you gave to me the other day about people doing silly things. it makes sense =) someone had to have had done something stupid to make it something special.

    ReplyDelete