Monday 4 July 2005

"Home" by Michael Buble

Another summer day
Is come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
I just wanna go home
Oh I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters that I wrote to you
Each one a line or two? I'm fine baby, how are you??
Well I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane
Another sunny place
I'm lucky I know
But I wanna go home

I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home


Bravery is a mask that I wear everyday. I am not actually courageous, and fearless. I am weak and vulnerable. I am capable of hurting but even more of being hurt. I fell deeply in love, and I have exposed my soul. And now I am evermore susceptible to pain and heartbreak. But that's okay. Sometimes you have to open your heart, and let someone in. Sometimes you have to trust. Sometimes love fades, sometimes it lasts forever. Everyday I wear this mask of bravery, in hope that it will protect me from future pain, or sadness. But today, I can't hide behind this mask. I can't act courageous and fearless. So I strip down my guard. It unnerves me how this "Home" song really made me think of you, and that it suggests that I am at "home" already with you. It scares me how much I hope for a future together. It petrifies me how dependent I sometimes seem. (But what is dependency anyway?) It frightens me that one day you might go away, and it terrifies me that someday you might stop caring. But most of all, it truly alarms me that most of the time, the fears subside, and are gone, and I don't care about being defenceless with my heart with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment